The California Wine Export Program is funded by the Foreign Agricultural Service
of USDA and industry contributions. This program is administered by Wine Institute
's International Department in San Francisco, California. Membership in this program allows access to the activities conducted in 27 countries
and other benefits listed below.
- Trade representation; tastings; trade shows; retail, on-premise and consumer promotions; and other international events in Asia, Europe, Canada and Latin America.
- Trade and media visits to California wine regions organized by our international department. These visits may consist of a group of buyers, sommeliers, journalists, or a single visitor.
- Contact with our international staff and representatives in San Francisco, Canada, The Netherlands, China, Denmark, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Poland, Southeast Asia, Russia, Taiwan, and U.K.
- Access to our website, www.calwinexport.com. Included on the site are market reports, importer lists, US export statistics and other information on international wine markets and opportunities.
- Facilitation of contact with brokers and importers throughout the world seeking California wineries interested in exporting.
- Counsel and information about exporting and foreign markets, upon request.
2016-2017 Program Year Export Target Countries
- Costa Rica
- Hong Kong
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom
Registration fees represent the California wine industry's contribution to the administration of the Market Access Program. Winery fees enable the International Department to conduct and administer the programs and your winery to receive the benefits listed above.
First-time users of the California Wine Export Program may choose to participate in a maximum of two individual international events at a cost of $250.00 each in the winery’s initial year of participation. Wineries must become members of the California Wine Export Program after this introductory period in order to participate in future events. Please contact our San Francisco office for further details.